The function of the site visitor is to review and assess compliance with CAAHEP’s Standards and Guidelines, program outcomes, and how non-compliance with Standards and Guidelines is being addressed. The evaluator’s responsibility is to clarify and verify information provided by the program in its application and self‐study or Annual Reports. The observations submitted in the team’s Confidential Report allow the ARC/STSA to determine the extent to which the program complies with CAAHEP’s Standards and Guidelines.
Qualified individuals, knowledgeable about the field of surgical technology (ST) or surgical assisting (SA) and the education process. are eligible to serve as a site visitor. Credentials/roles held by qualified evaluators include:
- Certified Surgical Technologist (CST)
- Certified First Assistant (CSFA)
- Certified Surgical Assistant (CSA)
- Certified Perioperative Nurse (CNOR)
- Medical Doctor (MD)
- Surgical Technology & Surgical Assisting Program Directors, Clinical Coordinators or faculty members of CAAHEP‐accredited programs
- Allied health deans.
A professional surgical technology or surgical assisting consultant may only be eligible to serve as an evaluator six months after the last paid consulting job. Site visitors are approved for a period of three years and may be renewed to serve by the ARC/STSA.