The ARC/STSA is proud to announce its 2022 scholarship recipients. This year, ARC/STSA awarded 10 student scholarships of $500 each and one $1,000 educator scholarship. Join us in celebrating these accomplished recipients, shared below, and stay tuned for more information about their stories throughout the summer. You can also learn more about the recipients on the scholarship page of our website.
Student Scholarship Recipients
- Donna Carter, Lord Fairfax Community College, VA
- Bethany Christianson, Chippewa Valley Technical College, WI
- Adrielle Horcher, Parkland College, IL
- Mary Lansing, Pittsburgh Technical College, PA
- Keira Lauzze, Monroe Community College, NY
- Rhiannon Lutheran, Mt. Diablo Adult Education, CA
- Kristen Rice, Tennessee College of Applied Technology-Jackson, TN
- Alexis Sengvilay, Wichita State University Campus of Applied Sciences & Technology, KS
- Marimar Trevino, Midwestern Career College, IL
- Sarah Williams, Eastwick College, NJ
Chris Keegan Memorial Educator Scholarship Recipient
- Anna Campbell, MSEd, CRCST, CSFA, CST, College of DuPage, IL
The ARC/STSA Chris Keegan Memorial Educator Scholarship is awarded to surgical technology and surgical assisting educators pursuing academic degrees with the goal of furthering their career in the field of surgical technology or surgical assisting education. The Educator Scholarship was renamed in 2018 in memory of Chris Keegan, MA, CST, FAST (pictured left). Chris was an accomplished educator, program director, author, esteemed colleague and friend. Throughout her career, she was a tireless advocate for surgical technology and surgical assisting educators and students, and long-time volunteer with the ARC/STSA, serving on numerous committees and as the president of the Board of Directors.