The Board of Directors has approved five new policies (3 for SA & ST programs, and 2 for ST programs only), which will become effective August 1, 2022, including:
- Accreditation Fundamentals for Educators (AFE) Workshop Attendance Policy
- Clinical Evaluation, Case Log and Clinical Expectations Policy for Surgical Technology Programs
- Laboratory Sufficiency Policy for Surgical Technology Programs
- Outcomes Threshold, Reporting and Assessment Policy
- Program Advisory Committee (PAC) Member and Meeting Policy
These policies were distributed to all program directors and deans today and are posted on the ARC/STSA’s website – policy page for further review and reference.
A Best Practice Guide for Surgical Technology Education, which replaces the former Standards Interpretive Guide (SIG) for Surgical Technology programs, is now available as well, and is posted on the ARC/STSA website – Standards & Curricula Page.
Watch for webinars and live Q & A sessions coming soon!